A fun method to store your things, create a house, and vary up your gameplay in Minecraft is to build an underground foundation. Since you frequently need to dig out rooms and hallways when building underground in a survival situation, it is typically more challenging. Nevertheless, there are several ingenious approaches to making underground construction simpler, such as making use of existing cave networks, efficiency enchantments, and beacon bonuses.
You can decide whether the base is entirely subterranean or simply a section of it. On the property, for instance, you may erect a charming cottage home with a staircase leading to a safe. You might even create a vast base with storage, housing, a decorative nether portal, an enchanting nook, and more by concealing a trapdoor in the forest.
Building an underground can be a pretty unique thing to do in Minecraft if you notice that you always build the same base when you play.
The advantages and disadvantages of creating an underground base in survival Minecraft are as follows:
Pros of Underground Bases
- Largely hidden from other players and the world, giving it a cool and secretive theme. Can be an advantage on PvP multiplayer servers where players can steal or grief your base.
- Often more unique and creative than standard houses and buildings on land.
- Easy access to ores, cobblestone, and other underground resources.
Cons of Underground Bases
- No natural sunlight requires a lot of lighting like torches or lamps to be installed. Monsters will spawn anywhere there is darkness, even during the daytime .
- Can be more difficult to grow trees due to height requirements.
- May require alot of digging to clear out rooms and hallways.
- Less access to animals, dirt, flowers, and other resources found on land. This may not be that big of a deal if you build just below the surface though!
- Often there s more mobs nearby, and higher chance of mob spawners and dungeons.
Best Underground Base Ideas
You’ve decided to construct an underground base, so we’ve gathered the coolest designs to serve as ideas and inspiration. Here are some of our favourites!
1. Basic Base (with Storage Room)
The layout of this underground base has a wonderful storage area with a useful charming nook in the centre. Be aware of the extensive use of glowstone and torches to prevent monster spawning and guarantee adequate lighting.
2. Large Cave Village
This is a huge subterranean base constructed within a pre-existing network of organically formed caves. To create the illusion of a bustling above-ground hamlet, the builder added a lot of grass, trees, water, and vines.
This construction, which is underground but not covered in earth or stone, represents a novel approach to underground bases. With the exception of some glass, it is still entirely open to the ground above it.
subterranean, but a modern base? Look nowhere else! This foundation created by WiederDude is a fantastic underground interpretation of a contemporary luxury dwelling. There is also a hidden entrance!
This style is ideal for anyone looking for a compact, straightforward underground home. A rather tiny underground area with a glass ceiling for natural light is featured in this base. Keep an eye out for creatures creeping on top of the glass at night!
6. Large Room
This Reddit user has a fantastic design in this underground area that is still under construction. This underground base would look fantastic as a grand entrance, throne room, or hallway.
7. Massive Underground Room
There are stone brick walls, water features, lovely gardens, and paths in this expansive underground base! Keep in mind that people with larger builds like this frequently have lighting issues and tend to be darker in general! If you don’t want a challenge, something like this could be better suited to creative mode since it would require a lot of labour in survival mode.
8. Basic Underground Minecraft Base
The author demonstrates how to construct a simple underground Minecraft base in this video. A little farm, a bedroom, a good storage area, and an entry hall are all part of the underground base. Anyone can construct this neat and straightforward underground stronghold in survival Minecraft!