Have you had enough of utilizing your PS4 controller just with your PlayStation? Is your goal to utilize your controller for gaming purposes by connecting it to other devices? Fortunately for you! We’ll explain in this article how to link your PC, smartphone, and other game consoles to your PS4 controller.
Among the best game controllers is the one that comes with the PS4. In addition to having a long battery life, it is easy to carry and works with a variety of devices. Connecting it to other devices, though, might be challenging. This guide will show you how to connect your PlayStation 4 controller to your computer, mobile device, and PlayStation.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Connecting the PS4 Controller
In just a few easy steps, you can connect your PS4 controller to your PlayStation and start using all of the controller’s functions. For instance, using a controller makes games like FIFA and Hogwarts Legacy much more fun.
Connecting the PlayStation 4 Controller
Starting with the setup, let’s see how to connect your PS4 controller to your device. There may be some variations in the steps depending on the device you are using, but the general procedure remains the same.
1. Pair a DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller With a Supported Device
The following instructions will walk you through the process of connecting your wireless PS4 controller to a compatible device through Bluetooth for the first time:
- Make sure the controller’s player indication is off. Press and hold the PlayStation button to turn it off if it’s on. Additionally, before continuing, unplug any USB cables that may be attached to the controller.
- Press and hold the PlayStation and Share buttons at the same time. Maintain gripping them until the controller’s light bar starts to flash. The controller is now in pairing mode, as indicated by this.
- Turn on Bluetooth by navigating to the “Bluetooth Settings” on your device. To connect the PS4 controller to it, choose it from the list of compatible Bluetooth devices.
- Await the conclusion of the pairing process. The controller will have a blinking LED bar. The controller is now connected and operational, as indicated by the player indicator lighting up.
- By following these simple instructions, you can quickly pair your PS4 controller with a Bluetooth device and play your favorite games with a responsive, comfortable controller.
2. Connecting a PS4 Controller to a PlayStation 4
There are two easy ways to start playing after successfully connecting your PlayStation 4 controller. Firstly, you can connect your controller to your console and charge it rapidly using a USB cable. This way, you can play games without worrying about running out of power.
If you’d rather connect wirelessly, connecting via Bluetooth is a great option. Once connected to your console, you’ll enjoy the same fantastic control experience with the option to relax on your couch while playing your game.
Here’s how to link your controller to a PlayStation 4:
Making a USB cable connection
- To turn on your PlayStation 4, hit the power button located on the front of the system. Watch for a short while as the system boots up and shows the home screen.
- On the front of the PS4 console, find the USB ports. The ports ought to be labeled “USB” and have a rectangular form.
- Take the USB cord that comes with your PS4 controller and insert one end into the console’s USB port.
- The USB cable should have a tiny connector on the other end, which you should insert into the port on top of your PS4 controller. This is the port for micro-USB.
- The controller’s light bar should become blue once you press the circular PlayStation button in the center of it. A few seconds could pass before the light appears. Press the PlayStation button many times until the light appears if it doesn’t already.
- If you are unable to connect the controller, try using an alternative USB-A to micro USB connection. Using the cord that came with your controller or a high-quality replacement cable is crucial because certain cables might not function properly.
- You can select the desired profile from the list of profiles that appears on your screen once the controller is connected and the light bar is illuminated. Press the X button to choose the desired profile by using the left stick on the controller to scroll through the selection.
Making a Bluetooth connection
- Turning on your PlayStation 4 console is the first step in pairing your controller with the system through Bluetooth. Usually found on the console’s front is the power button. To activate the console, press it once.
- Hold down the PlayStation button on your controller for a brief period of time. The lightbar will begin to flash, indicating that the controller is in pairing mode.
- Go to the “Settings” menu in order to pair the controller with your console. To access the “Settings” option, navigate to the top of the PlayStation dashboard and choose this menu item.
- When the Settings menu appears, choose “Devices” and then “Bluetooth devices.” You will then be brought to a screen showing all of the Bluetooth devices that are available.
- From the list of available devices, pick your new controller. Choose the appropriate Bluetooth device if you have more than one.
- The pairing procedure can be finished by following the directions shown on the screen. Typically, this entails tapping a button on your controller or inputting a code into your console. When it’s finished, your controller will be linked to the Bluetooth and operational.
3. Connecting a PS4 Controller to a PC
Depending on your controller’s compatibility, the simplest method to connect your PS4 controller to a PC is to use a USB cable with a micro connector on one end and a USB-A or USB-C on the other. Operating systems other than Windows 10 can be used with this strategy. After you plug in the USB cord, your computer ought to recognize the device.
It’s advised to use a lengthy cord to prevent unintentional disruptions during intense games and to offer the best possible gaming experience. This will allow you to sit farther away from your PC.
It is possible that drivers must be installed on your computer in order for the controller to be detected. You may easily begin playing your favorite PC games as soon as the controller is attached and drivers are installed if needed.
The other option is to connect your gadget to your PC wirelessly using Bluetooth if it has that capability. All you have to do is hold down the PlayStation button until pairing mode is indicated by the lightbar blinking. Next, locate and pair the controller with your computer via the Bluetooth settings.
4. Connecting a PS4 Controller to a Mobile Device
With PlayStation 4 controllers, playing games on a mobile device while on the go is a breeze.
Method for Linking iPhone with PS4 Controller
- On your iPhone, select the “Settings” menu.
- Tap the “Bluetooth” option after finding it. You can skip this step if Bluetooth is already enabled. If not, turn on Bluetooth by toggling the switch at the top of the screen. Once the switch goes green, you will know it is turned on.
- Wait for your PS4 controller to appear while keeping the Bluetooth menu open. In the Bluetooth menu, it ought to show up under “Other Devices.”
- It is now necessary to switch your PS4 controller to pairing mode. Press and hold the PS and Share buttons simultaneously until your controller’s light begins to flash in order to accomplish this.
- The “DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller” ought to show up in your iPhone’s Bluetooth menu after a short while. Press this button to start pairing.
- Hold onto the controller until the light on the rear stops flashing and changes to a reddish-pink hue. This shows that the pairing of your controller and iPhone has been completed.
How to Connect PS4 Controller to Android
In order to initiate the pairing process between your Android device and PS4 controller, simultaneously press and hold the PlayStation and Share buttons on your controller. This will switch your controller on to pairing mode; when it does so, a white light on the rear of the controller will begin to flash.
Navigate to the “Settings” menu on your Android device and select the “Bluetooth” option. To ensure that Bluetooth is enabled, flick the switch located at the top of the screen.
Select the option to search for new devices after turning on Bluetooth. In order to find any available Bluetooth devices nearby, your device will search for them.
Locate “Wireless Controller” from the available devices list, then press it to initiate the pairing procedure. After your device and controller are connected, you can use the controller to play Android games on your device.
After the pairing procedure is finished, you may begin utilizing your Android tablet and PS4 controller to play games. With the familiar feel of a console controller, you will be able to play many of your favorite Android games.