One of the easiest ways to add a more personal touch to Windows 10 is to customize your desktop backdrop. Beautiful static backgrounds are well known, but have you ever thought about animating your wallpaper? To make the scene more lively, find out how to set an animated GIF as your Windows 10 desktop wallpaper.
How to Set an Animated GIF as Your Desktop Background?
The usage of animated desktop wallpaper is regrettably not supported by Windows 10 by default. To securely alter your backdrop, you may, though, choose from a wide range of third-party alternatives without sacrificing any CPU power or shelling out a lot of cash.
This post will show you how to use third-party apps to set a movie or an animated GIF as your Windows 10 desktop wallpaper.
Set an animated GIF wallpaper as the background of your Windows 10 desktop.
The following 4 techniques will allow you to set animated GIFs as your Windows 10 desktop background:
Step 1: Use Wallpaper Engine
Review & Tutorial: Wallpaper Engine
- When it comes to personalizing your desktop wallpaper, Wallpaper Engine is among the most sophisticated options available. You can import other people’s web pages, movies, and more, or you can make your own backdrops. You will be charged USD 3.99 for the application once.
- Download: Wallpaper Engine is available for $3.99 USD on the official website.
- Commence personalizing your desktop by downloading and installing Wallpaper Engine. The inexpensive price and minimal resource usage of this software are what we adore about it.
- Let’s start Wallpaper Engine. You must download the Steam launcher in addition to the application if you bought it through Steam.
- Decide which monitor you wish to personalize. Click on the “Clone Wallpaper” option if you wish to use both monitors.
- To locate new desktop backgrounds, use the Discover and Workshop tabs. Finding animated backgrounds you like is made simple by the powerful search tools.
- Click the Subscribe button after selecting the wallpaper you wish to use. You can now utilize the animated background on your PC as a result.
- You may experiment with the animation speed, audio, and other parameters in each theme. Play around to add extra personalization to your desktop and create a setting that complements your configuration.
Step 2: Plastuer
A program called Plastuer makes it simple to set GIFs as your desktop background. With excellent WebGL support, additional functionality allows you to use even HTML5 webpages as the background for your setup, expanding your options.
For about USD 2.00, you can use this to create animated, interactive desktops. You are able to purchase the program from Plastuer’s developers at your own price.
Download: To avoid incurring any additional PayPal costs, buy Plastuer from the official website for at least USD 2.00.
Step 3: Apply BioniX Wallpaper
Your free option for getting the animated GIF background effect is BioniX GIF Wallpaper Animator. This useful freeware lets you put any GIF or video as your desktop background. It simplifies an otherwise difficult procedure and is really intuitive.
To download the most recent version of BioniX, visit the official website and get it for free.
Step 4: Using VLC Media Player
- Despite being basically a media player, VLC includes a ton of undocumented features that you probably aren’t even aware of. The option to use a video as your desktop background is one of these features.
- To get the most recent version of VLC Media Player, visit the official website and get it for free.
- Once the VLC Media Player has been downloaded and installed, open it up and select a video to become your desktop wallpaper. We advise using one of the following resources to locate an infinite loop:
- Utilize the guide below to obtain a looping movie that you want to utilize as your desktop backdrop.
- To open the Run application, simultaneously press the Windows and R buttons on your keyboard.
- After pasting in the path below, press the OK button:
- Next, locate the vlc.exe file by opening a second File Explorer window and going to C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC.
These techniques should have enabled you to create a fantastic gif wallpaper for your desktop. How does it appear?
Please get in touch with the SoftwareKeep customer support staff, who is here to help you around the clock if you require any additional assistance with Windows 10. Check back with us for more enlightening pieces about productivity and contemporary technologies!
To purchase our products at the lowest possible cost, would you like to be notified of specials, deals, and discounts? A reminder to sign up for our newsletter: just enter your email address here! Obtain the most recent information about technology straight to your mailbox and be the first to see our productivity hacks.