If you’re already aware of how to install the Sims 4 mods, you can pretty much control all the aspects of the lives of the Sims 4 characters. There are many other types of Sims 4 custom content which includes players created lots. There are many steps in walled as well which holds extra features such as careers, traits, sim animations, etc.
How Can Your Receive Custom Content for Sims 4
You can usually download scripts, mods so, other custom content for The Sims 4 from an array of websites. Many such websites are:
1. Mod The Sims
2. The Sims Catalog
The customize content usually comes in a compressed form such as RAR or ZIP file. You can easily extract and move to specific folders in the Sims 4 game files. After that, these mods have different extensions which include the following:
.package, .ts4script, .bpi, .blueprint, and .trayitem.
All the custom content can be accessed in several ways. For example, you can generally use various modern tools such as the MC command center. This will help you in allowing all the variables down by editing and dictating the behavior of the individual sims. So, whenever you click an object, you will see an MC command center as a new option listed there.
How to Add Mods to Sims 4?
Before you go on downloading and installing mods for The Sims 4, make sure that you download the latest updates along with the patches:
1. Launch the Origin digital store and select Game Library.
2. Right-click The Sims 4 and select Update game.
3. Launch the game and select the Options Menu icon in the top-right corner.
4. Select Game Options.
5. Select the Other tab on the left side of the Game Options window.
6. Select the boxes beside Enable Custom Content and Mods and Script Mods Allowed.
Tip: This will be helpful for you as you can come back to the menu at any time. You can easily select the view custom content and view the mods that have already been installed.
7. Select the checkmark to acknowledge the warning about using mods.
8.. Select Apply Changes and close the game.
Note: Meanwhile, you need to repeat all the steps from 1 to 8 and there will be a new patch that will be released.
9. Open The Sims 4 game folder on your computer (it saves to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 by default), then open the folder containing your custom content in a separate window. Drag-and-drop all .package or .ts4script files into the Mods folder, and move files ending in other extensions into the Tray folder.
10. The custom content will be available the next time you start the game. To remove custom content, delete the files from the Mods and Tray folders.
Tip: Before you delete any file, always create a backup of the Save folder within the Sims 4 folder. Always remember that’s the first thing that you must do in case, something goes wrong.
Also Read: 15 + Best Sims 4 Mods That Can Make Your Gameplay Interesting
How to Use Custom Lots in Sims 4?
There are many custom laws that should be stored in the tray folder within The Sims 4 folder. In order to view your custom lots:
1. Launch The Sims 4 and select the Gallery icon in the top-right corner.
2. Select My Library at the top.
3. Select Include Custom Content in the left pane.
4. Select your custom lot to view its details.
How to Use Custom Objects
To use custom objects in Build Mode:
1. Select Build Mode at the top of the screen or press F2.
2. Select the Objects by Function tab.
3. Select Filter Items.
4. Select Content > Custom Content to see your custom objects listed.
Troubleshooting Sims 4 Mods Installation Issue
If the mod doesn’t work or if you face any issues with the experience or the installation of the customized content, you may try the following things:
1. Check that custom content files are in the correct folders. Those files that end with .ts4script or .package go to the Mods folder. Other files that end in .blueprint, .bpi, or .trayitem that is placed in the Tray folder. Instead, the other files that end with .zip or .rar won’t be able to access or operate.
2. Check that custom content is enabled in your game settings.
3. See if there are any new updates available for your mods. The Sims VIP website has a list of broken mods.
4. Rename your mod files. There can be various issues that occur when these files have special characters like #, $, or @. Rename files to remove these characters if necessary.
5. Delete the game cache. You can go to the Sims 4 folder on your devices such as a laptop or computer. Delete that file which is named from ‘localthumbscache.package’. After this, you may also delete the contents of other cache and cache folders but do not delete the actual folders themselves.
6. If you see a folder named onlinethumbnailcache, it’s safe to delete the entire folder.
7. Repair the game. You need to head to the Game Library after this in the origin and do the right click on that game. After this, you may select the Repair to reinstall The Sims 4.