You may always block a phone number on your smartphone if you don’t want to receive calls from them. However, what if you unintentionally blocked a number? Or suppose you reversed course and determined that you would like to unblock someone?
How To Unblock a Phone Number after Blocking It
Regardless, this post will assist you in quickly removing a person’s phone number from the blocked list.
How to Unblock a Phone Number
The operating system of your smartphone will determine what steps you need to take in order to unblock a certain phone number. To find the tutorial that corresponds with the operating system on your phone, simply scroll down.
Unblocking a Phone Number on Android
- Only Android 6.0 and later versions support some of the following steps. That being said, the procedures may be much the same even if your Android OS version is older. Trying them out is worthwhile.
- On your Android device, you can unblock a certain number by following these steps:
- A phone app on your smartphone should open.
- Toggle the ‘More’ icon.
- Click on the “Settings” menu item.
- Select “Set rules” from the Incoming Calls menu.
- Click “Blocklist.”
- Choose the number that you want to be contacted.
- Tap Remove.
- Following this action, a list of blocked numbers ought to appear. Just choose the one you want to unblock, then select Remove or Unblock. You will then be able to receive calls and texts from that number since it will no longer be listed as banned.
Certain Android users must do these actions:
- The dialing app should be opened, then tap the three vertical dots in the top right corner.
- Then, tap “Settings.”
- Click “Block numbers.”
- To the right of the number, you want to unblock, tap the red subtraction symbol.
- Presently, the owner of the number can SMS and call you.
Unblocking a Phone Number on an iPhone
- Unblocking numbers on an iPhone requires various steps from other users. These are also quite basic, though. Again, earlier operating system versions may have a few minor variations.
- From your home screen, choose “Settings.” Click “iPhone” after scrolling down.
- Click on “Call Blocking & Identification” after finding it.
- Click “Edit.”
- To unblock a phone number, locate it.
- Once the number has been located, tap the minus symbol that is next to it. The number can be unblocked and given another chance to call you by tapping the minus icon.
- A distinct screen may appear to some iOS users. Try this instead if the preceding instructions didn’t work:
- Navigate to the Settings on your iPhone and select “Phone.”
- Press “Blocked contacts.”
- Select “Edit.”
- To the left of the contact you want to unblock, select the red subtraction symbol.
- Press “Unblock.”
- Once you select “Unblock,” there are no further prompts. You can now be reached by text or phone from the user.
- To validate your action, don’t forget to tap Unblock in. Once you’ve done that, press Done.
Will someone know if I block their phone number?
Naturally, a caller cannot be informed that they have been blocked by a flashing notice. When a banned person dials your number, they often receive an automated message informing them that the number they have contacted is not available for calls at this time. Eventually, it will appear as though your phone number has been disconnected.
A caller will only be certain that they have been blocked if they attempt to reach you from a different phone number.
How can I know if a blocked number called me?
Although we may block phone numbers, we may not always know if the caller has attempted to reach us. The user’s voicemail is the only method, if this is you, to know if they called you.
You will need to check the voicemail app on your phone because, as previously said, you will not receive a notification about the voicemail from the caller.