Many people in the modern digital age rely on their iPhones for a variety of purposes, including productivity, entertainment, and communication. But occasionally, you have to print something straight from your iPhone—a document, email, picture, or web page.
Thankfully, Apple has enabled smooth printing from your iPhone. The various ways to print from your iPhone without any hassles are covered in this post.
Method 1: AirPrint
Apple’s wireless printing technology, known as AirPrint, lets you print from your iPhone without using any extra drivers or apps. This is how to apply it:
- Verify Printer Compatibility: Ascertain whether your printer is compatible with AirPrint. Major manufacturers of contemporary printers typically support AirPrint. Verify via the manufacturer’s website or the handbook that came with your printer.
- Join the Same Wi-Fi Network: You must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone and the printer that supports AirPrint.
- Get the Content for Printing Here: The content you wish to print should open. This might be a document from Microsoft Word or Pages, an email, a picture, or a webpage.
- Press the “Share” button: Check the app you’re using for the share button. Typically, it takes the form of a box with an upward-pointing arrow.
- Choose ‘Print’: You can select ‘Print’ from the share menu. Hit it.
- Select a Printer: On the same network, printers that support AirPrint will be detected by your iPhone. Make your printer selection from the list.
- Modify Print Settings: You may have the ability to modify print settings based on the content and the model of your printer. Decide on options like double-sided printing, paper size, and the quantity of copies.
- Print: Click “Print” after you’ve adjusted the parameters. The document should begin printing as soon as your iPhone sends the print job to your printer.
Method 2: Using Third-Party Printing Apps
You can utilize third-party printing apps if your printer isn’t AirPrint compatible or if you need more sophisticated printing settings. This is how you do it:
- Download a Printing App: Look for a printing app that works with your printer and meets your needs by visiting the App Store. Printer Pro, PrintCentral, and PrinterShare are a few of the well-liked choices.
- Install and Set Up the App: On your iPhone, download and install the application. To connect the app to your printer, follow the setup steps.
- Open the Content to Print: To print content, simply open it and click the share button to bring up the print option in the app. This process is similar to that of AirPrint.
- Choose a Printer: A list of available printers is usually given in the third-party printing app. Select the printer you own from the list.
- Configure Print Settings: Modify the page layout, paper size, and quality of the print as necessary.
- Print: To send the document to your printer, select ‘Print’ at the conclusion. The remainder will be handled by the app.
Method 3: Printing from Email
You can print from your iPhone by using the email technique as well. This is an easy-to-use method that works well for sending documents to be printed.
- Open the Email App: Create a new email by first opening your email app.
- Attach the Document: You can print the paper by attaching it to the email. Word documents, PDFs, images, and more can be attached.
- Send the Email: You will send the email to your printer’s email address rather than to a recipient. For this reason, a lot of contemporary printers provide a unique email address. To get to this location, see the manual for your printer.
- Configure Print Settings: You can include instructions to change print parameters, including the number of copies, paper size, or preferred color, in the email’s subject line or text. To print two copies, for instance, enter ‘Copies=2’ in the subject line of the email.
- Send the Email: After the email has been set up, send it. After receiving the email and processing it, your printer will begin printing the associated document.
Method 4: Using Cloud Printing Services
Another option for printing from your iPhone is to use cloud printing services like Dropbox and Google Cloud Print. Here’s how to configure it:
- Pick a Cloud Printing Provider: Decide on a cloud printing provider based on your requirements. Dropbox and Google Cloud Print are well-liked choices.
- Configure the Service: Open an account with the cloud printing provider of your choice. To connect your printer to the cloud service, follow the setup steps provided by the provider.
- Upload the Document to the Cloud: Upload the file to the cloud service that you wish to print. It might be a picture, a PDF, or another kind of supported file.
- Access the Cloud Service App: Open the app of your chosen cloud printing service on your iPhone.
- To print a document, choose it: Locate and pick the document that you uploaded to the cloud.
- Print: To send the document to your printer, use the print option in the app. The printing process will be started by the cloud service communicating with your printer.
Depending on the features you need and the compatibility of your printer, select the option that best meets your demands. You may easily convert your digital information into hard copies whenever needed by using the alternatives available to you.
It’s a simple and convenient approach to print from your iPhone. For basic printing needs, you can use built-in tools like AirPrint; for more sophisticated alternatives, you can use third-party printing apps. Additional flexibility is offered by email and cloud printing services, which make it easy to print documents from your iPhone no matter where you are.